Friday, September 12, 2014

Why won't my toddler sleep.

Liam is normally a champ at going to bed.   One story,  hugs and kisses, a round of "ABCs, " and off to dreamland.   Tonight,  however,  is a different story.

"Mummy.  I'm poopy,  mummy."

Insert diaper change.  Flush poop down the potty.  Sing again.  Wait five minutes.

"Daddy!   Want daddy!"

Daddy comes up.   Rubs his back.   Sings "Silver Birch."  Wait five minutes.

"Mummy!   I need a diaper change,  mummy.   I peed in my diaper.   Mummy!"

Change diaper again.   Claims he doesn't need to sleep.  Sing "ABCs" and "Twinkle Twinkle."  Request to sleep in the big bed denied.

I can still hear him muttering to himself in his crib.   Talking about going pee pee in the potty.   Crying out for me off and on.

I'm going to bed now,  as I can tell this may be a long one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment